Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why do I need to create a resume profile?
- You will need to create a resume profile to create job search agents or apply for a job. This will also allow you to come back to this site to apply for additional jobs using the same resume that you created, edit your information, create a skills profile, track your application history, and more.
Q. I've forgotten my password!
- There is a link on the login screen labeled "Forgot your Password?" and a link on the Career Center labeled "Retrieve my Password". Click on either of these links and then enter the email address you used when you created your resume profile. We will email your password information.
Q. I’ve lost my Username. How can I access my resume?
- Try using the "Retrieve My Password" option. You can get to this from the Career Center. Enter the email address you used when you created your resume profile. We will not only email your password information but also your username.
- You may have submitted your resume under an alternative email address. Your account is tied to the email address that you registered with. Try entering a different email address to retrieve your password. If you cannot remember the email address you used, then you will have to create a new resume profile altogether.
Q. Can a Microsoft Word resume be copied and pasted into the resume section?
- Yes. Access your resume in Microsoft Word. Copy your resume by using the "Select All" feature in the Edit menu, or highlight the text you want to copy from the file and click on the "Copy" icon in your toolbar. Then, go to the Resume Profile section and press the "Ctrl" and "V" buttons at the same time on your keyboard to paste the information into the Resume field. Some hidden formatting codes can make your resume look jumbled when you paste it. Use the toolbar at the top of the resume input field to make adjustments to your resume format. If you are using Internet Explorer, you may need to disable your pop up blocker in order to paste into the field.
Q. Why can’t I upload my resume?
- It could be related to the length of that file type if it is a .pdf. Shorten the pdf file types name to less than 15 characters to upload on the site. It could also be that your .pdf is an image. Try converting it to a text based file using an OCR program. This often happens if you scan your resume to an image.
Q. I have already submitted my resume for one job, but how do I apply for additional jobs?
- Scroll to the bottom of the job listing that you are interested in and select “Existing Resume/CV.” The system will prompt you to log-in and then walk you through the job specific questions and allow you to update your resume.
Q. I am having difficulties submitting my application. Who can I contact?
- One common way of fixing an error like the one you are experiencing has been to use Google Chrome or Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. There seems to be some incompatibility issues with using Internet Explorer.
- If this does not resolve the issue, please contact SilkRoad Technologies for technical support. SilkRoad Technologies is the software provider that hosts our application system. They can be reached by either dialing toll-free 1-866-927-2472 (hours of operation are M-F 8-5 EST) or by emailing email@example.com.
Q. Can I just email in my resume?
- Unfortunately, we do not accept or review unsolicited applications or resumes. In order to be considered for employment with our organization, you must apply for a specific job using our online system.
Q. How do I apply for a job?
- Once you locate the position posting, scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and click on the “New Resume/CV” button.
Q. I have a question about qualifications or about a specific job. Who do I contact?
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job number and job title in your email so that we can quickly determine the answer to your questions. Please note, we will not accept emailed resumes.